Sealing/insulating a garage door

Hello all, I have a two-bay garage door that has a pesky problem: every time it rains water gets collected inside the panels and then drips on you and stuff inside the garage when you open the door. It looks like there is usually enough water collected for two to three days of those unwanted showers. It does not even have to rain hard. The door itself is just sheet metal panels (plus the spring load hardware and cables of course). It's hard to see how water is able to stay in there. But I am wondering if there is a way to prevent it from getting in there in the first place. Is there something I can seal without obstructing the movement of the door?
Also, it's getting colder now and sheet metal does not look like a good thermal shield. Are there thermal insulation products out there that can be installed on an existing door?
Thanks!
\\//. -------------------------------------
##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 316389 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##
DA wrote:

It's either condensation from high humidity and cooler indoor air, or leaks. Fix a condensation problem with a dehumidifier or better ventilation. Fix a leak problem by finding the leak and plugging it.

Get thee to a garage door company. They'll be happy to sell you some foam sheets that will fit right inside the door panels with a little creative carving. You'll have to have the door springs rebalanced to make up for the added weight.
--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement

Not sure about the water but I've insulated my 2-bay doors by attaching some sheathing/foam board (blue board) to the inside. It ain't pretty -- but is sure keeps the cold out in the winter. It's easy to cut with a knife too.
Tell your wife you'll paint it any color she wants if she objects. Or get the kids to do a psychedelic mural-- they love it, and it does wake you up when you have to leave for work real early in the morning....
Over the years, I've used small nails/long staples to fasten it to a wooden door, spots of glue or double sided tape for a metal door.
On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 21:52:26 GMT, info_at_1-script_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (DA) wrote:
:Hello all, :I have a two-bay garage door that has a pesky problem: every time it rains :water gets collected inside the panels and then drips on you and stuff :inside the garage when you open the door.
I have no such problems with my wooden garage door. It looks homemade, and after many years the ply paneling wasn't so hot. I started stripping off the old paint with intention to refinish and just decided to replace the paneling. Bought the plywood and stored it in the garage until I got around to rebuilding the door and painting it. Came out nice. It's a single car garage, and manual door.
Dan
DA wrote:

panel sections have a lip that should slope to the outside. Yours seem to slop to the inside.
--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8