Sealing garage floor??

I am going to buy the garage floor epoxy kits from Menards or Home Depot. However my garage has several cracks. What do I need to use to seal those cracks?

Do I need to take a dremel or something to groove them then fill the groove with something to seal it then apply the epoxy? The garage is in two slabs with a expansion joint or groove down themiddle. It is 1/2" wide and about

3/4" deep. I want to fill that also before applying the epoxy as it does nothing but collect dirt and debris.

Any suggestions on what I need to use?

Lannie

Reply to
LS

A flexible caulk.

-- dadiOH _____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

The epoxies are like paint, they will not fill a crack. You can try filling the crack and maybe the epoxy will stick to it, maybe not. You will need to use a flexible calk because most hard calks will soon fall out.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

these folk sell a filler just for this purpose. I am sure there are others

This has an interesting way to fill them with body filler!

The = missed in the link above?

Other hint was to use urethane caulk vs. silicone as the epoxy will not stick to silicone

Reply to
wayne

HD carries paintable silicone caulk now.

Reply to
EJ

Slop the epoxy right over and into them after cleaning per directions. Same thing with the expansion joint. Then apply a good caulk, Bondo, whatever you like and level it off. Take advantage of the epoxy adhesion and it can be the base for all manner of good fillers. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

Thanks for all the replies! I will use some advice from all!

Lannie

Reply to
LS