Sealing garage floor??

I am going to buy the garage floor epoxy kits from Menards or Home Depot. However my garage has several cracks. What do I need to use to seal those cracks?
Do I need to take a dremel or something to groove them then fill the groove with something to seal it then apply the epoxy? The garage is in two slabs with a expansion joint or groove down themiddle. It is 1/2" wide and about 3/4" deep. I want to fill that also before applying the epoxy as it does nothing but collect dirt and debris.
Any suggestions on what I need to use?
Lannie
LS wrote:

A flexible caulk.
-- dadiOH _____________________________
LS wrote:

The epoxies are like paint, they will not fill a crack. You can try filling the crack and maybe the epoxy will stick to it, maybe not. You will need to use a flexible calk because most hard calks will soon fall out.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
these folk sell a filler just for this purpose. I am sure there are others
http://www.musclegloss.com/products.htm
This has an interesting way to fill them with body filler!
http://www.findarticles.com/cf_dls/m1080/n3_v48/20355000/p3/article.jhtml?term The = missed in the link above?
Other hint was to use urethane caulk vs. silicone as the epoxy will not stick to silicone
Wayne

HD carries paintable silicone caulk now.
--

EJ
"wayne" < snipped-for-privacy@example.com> wrote in message
<< What do I need to use to seal those cracks? >>
Slop the epoxy right over and into them after cleaning per directions. Same thing with the expansion joint. Then apply a good caulk, Bondo, whatever you like and level it off. Take advantage of the epoxy adhesion and it can be the base for all manner of good fillers. HTH
Joe
Thanks for all the replies! I will use some advice from all!
Lannie