Sealing Exterior at foundation

My 5-yr old house exterior is hardi-plank siding. But at the bottom, it's a piece of wood plank covering on concrete foundation. The plank is about 1-2 inches above yard ground. Use fingers to check from bottom, the wood plank is not tightly attached to the concrete. Somewhere around the house, I can feel quite hollow.
Should I seal the gap between the wood plank and the concrete foundation? That would be a hard job if yes.
Thanks.

probably not if water gets behind the siding with the bottom open the water can drain out....
trapped water is bad news...