Sealing Exterior at foundation

My 5-yr old house exterior is hardi-plank siding. But at the bottom, it's a piece of wood plank covering on concrete foundation. The plank is about 1-2 inches above yard ground. Use fingers to check from bottom, the wood plank is not tightly attached to the concrete. Somewhere around the house, I can feel quite hollow.

Should I seal the gap between the wood plank and the concrete foundation? That would be a hard job if yes.

Thanks.

Reply to
John61

probably not if water gets behind the siding with the bottom open the water can drain out....

trapped water is bad news...

Reply to
hallerb