Sealing Driveway Concrete Cracks

I'm sure there's some kind of putty or tar to use for driveway cracks. I figure I'll first use round-up on the weeds, then clear them out when they're dead, then seal the cracks.

Any advice about what product is best to use to seal the cracks?

Thanks

Reply to
Mark Wilson

The highway department in my area uses hot tar. I use a GE Silicone II product that is labeled for concrete joints and is gray, near the color of concrete. It doesn't track in the house like tar either!!

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J

Clean out the cracks first. Use a wire brush to remove any loose debris. If the crack is deep or wide you may need to use a foam backing cord first. Liquid Nails and GE makes caulk for concrete. It's gray in color, but it will probably be more visible than the original crack until it wears for a year. It does stop weed growth and water, though.

Reply to
Phisherman