Sealing cracks in concrete driveway

Our old concrete driveway has developed some fairly wide cracks - up to a quarter inch or so. I am looking for recommendations on filling these cracks to keep water out and eliminate weeds growing in the cracks. The City fills cracks in the asphalt roads here with some liquid asphalt (tar) stuff they have that is heated to liquid state. It works well on the asphalt road surface, but I don't have the equipment to apply that to my driveway. I don't care much what the crack fill job looks like, just want to seal the cracks.
Anyone know of any good, fairly permanent fixes for the cracks in concrete driveways?
Thanks!
Have you checked you local HD? They also usually carry a gray colored concrete filler, which is in liquid form either water based or acrylic, and it does a decent job. I've used it, gives a good seal, and I then later in the season a cleaned the concrete well, and gave it a 3 nice coats of 1 part CLEAR Epoxy by Behr and it still looks pretty good. The filler is also slightly flexible after it is dry, so it won't crack with the slightest movement to to temperature changes.
Good Luck..

HD also carries concrete crack filler caulk (paint dept). Goes in like caulk and dries like concrete. For wide/deep cracks, first put some foam strips into the crack to help fill and act as a base for the concrete caulk