sealing concrete patio

We have a concrete patio under a huge oak tree... When it rains, the water doesn't dry quickly, and a thin green film appears every year...
We power wash it back to concrete white, and start all over. I'd like to seal it - to help prevent the green grundge. Most articles on the Internet frown on Thompson Water Seal, as it creates a sealed layer that can't "breathe" the moisture from below.
SO - what else do I look for and purchase in the big box stores ??
--
----------------------------------
"If everything seems to be going well,

Remove the tree.

Rather than going to a big box, go to a material yard where they sell redimix. They will have non-yellowing products there. We used to put on a sealer/hardener after we put in a new driveway, patio, etc. It was purchased from Prairie Materials here in the Chicago area.
All major concrete chemical manufacturers produce a form of breathable non-yellowing sealer. I don't know why you want the breathable. I don't really know why you want a sealer. The tree poop doesn't care if it is sealed or not, it is going to fall just fine. The sealer may make it easier to remove, but then it will need to be reapplied. I am not aware of anything that will stop the tree leavings.
Here is one: http://www.vexcon.com/product-details.asp?productID 4
here is a lot of technical information: http://shop.thestampstore.com/browse.cfm/2,45.html
Silanes and siloxanes make good sealers, but they are not breathable.
--
DanG
DanG wrote:

bio vee seal will seal the concrete and keep it breathable and leave nothing on the surface (internal sealer). Leaves sap will still stain the top surface, but will have limited penetration
paul