Sealing black corrugated drain tip connections

I would like to seal some corrugated 4" black plastic pipe connections to minimizes seepage into the soil near those connections . My thoughts are duct tape (or similar), silicone caulk, roofing cement, hydraulic or reg portant cement . I am looking for advice on what to use - thanks
<< I would like to seal some corrugated 4" black plastic pipe connections to minimizes seepage into the soil near those connections >>
Commercial drainage distributors will have connectors, wyes, tees, screens, and all manner of nifty accessories to do your job right. Check your yellow pages for such a source. Box stores can't be expected to have all the specialized things that a pro would use. Good luck,
Joe
If the pipe is installed in the ground at even a gentle slope, available connectors keep 99% of the water inside the pipe. Don't try to use caulk/cement/etc it won't work and you're probably being anal about a leak anyway. -B

thats some real anal advice -B from a real anal..

wrap of plumbing or pipe tape. It is rubbery, black, stretchable, and has a really sticky underside, with smoothe waterproof exterior. Duct tape alone will rot over time. Such joint leaks are not critical unless they are very near your house. The ones out in the garden, downslope, I justs butt together without any tape, and bury them deep enough to hold the joint together.
You can buy large grommet type seals for drainage pipework, but these are designed to allow some pipe movement with ground heave effects - HOWEVER, the previous poster has hit the problem on the nail for the sheer majority of cases. Slight leakage is always tolerable in modern sewerage systems (& to be expected) - except in Bio-Hazard P4 (BH-P4)level containment - in which case rapid hardening & solid sealing resin based compounds are used to "stop up pipework" fast. However, the real chances of encountering BH - P4 level threats, would be as common as rocking horse manure.
John Locke