Sealing a hardwood floor around the tub

I installed hardwood floor in my bathroom. It's an Oak floating floor. The bathroom has a fiberglass tub/shower combination. Where the hardwood hits the tub, there is a small 1/4" gap, and I want to seal it to keep water from getting under the floor when a person exits the tub. I was thinking of a generous amount of silicon caulk in the gap, completely filling it, and then covered with Cove molding attched to the tub with adhesive.
Any other ideas out there?
Thanks
twice snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Most, if not all of the manufacturer's I've seen have their own caulks for sealing the edges/borders in wet and water prone environments. Check out Pergo.com for details (for example).
Usually the area where the shower meets the floor is just sealed with bathroom caulk made for that purpose.
On 24 Aug 2005 16:38:34 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

What is 'bathroom' caulk?

I don't like the molding idea, just because wood doesn't fare well in places like that. But, at least if you tried it and hated it, it would be removable. Sort of.
Well I figure if a board got wet and swelled up, I can easily snap in another one, but they need a lot of water on them for a long time for it to penetrate enough to cause swelling, so I'm not worried.