Sealing a deck

I had a new deck installed last October. We used treated lumber.
When should I get some type of sealer to apply to this deck?
What is the best to use?
Thanks in advance.
Jr. wrote:

I've settled in on Behr Premium clear stain. It holds up much better than the other stuff I've tried over the past 25 years.
Home Cheepo sells it:
http://tinyurl.com/2ma6wz
It's also available tinted if you'd rather darken the color of the decking.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

I'd rent a power washer and clean it good then wait a week of dry weather and finish it with anything but thompsons.

I would not use Thompsons either. Last stuff of theirs I used on swim club picnic tables and benches could not be sprayed because it clogged sprayer and painted on looked like it was crystallizing. Frank

Is the lumber sufficiently dry from installation in October to now to seal it? It has been 9 months. Thanks

Also, what brand is the best sealer to use? thanx
9 months is a good time to do it. I recommend TWP. Total wood protection. You wont find it in home depot or lowes. Excellent product..

I usually suggest a one year lag between installation and staining, but it depends on what sort of weather it's getting. If it's in the sun all day through the summer, then doing it now is fine.

Thompson's used to be OK till few years ago (at least in Calif) they had to stop making it oil and go with water. Now I wouldn't use it either.