Seal slate floor

After three years, it is time to re-seal my slate tile floors. I plan on using a water-based acrylic sealant, TileLab® Gloss Sealer & Finish.
I have thoroughly cleaned the floor with water and detergent. Is it necessary to strip off the old water-based sealant?
-------------------------------------
--
+---------------[ SERVER SIGNATURE ]---------+
| Delivered via http://www.homeownershub.com |
On May 26, 2:11 pm, michael_at_highmountainweb_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (MichaelCaditz) wrote:

A sealer I use by Aquamix cant be completly stripped and it says put on a second coat when needed. But is it a wax base and darkened, try Lundmark wax remover if it is. Doesnt sealer on slate make it slippery, I have a slate floor that has never been sealed and is fine, just wash it.
Add pictures here
✖
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/Seal-slate-floor-443978-.htm MichaelCaditz wrote: My floor was sealed with a water-based sealant three years ago and much of it was worn off. So I gave the floor a good cleaning with soap and water but I did not use a stripper.
I am now putting two coats of TileLab Gloss Sealer & Finish from Home Depot, also water-based, and it looks beautiful.
Add pictures here
✖
On May 28, 9:27 am, michael_at_highmountainweb_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (MichaelCaditz) wrote:

Does it make it more slippery when wet?