scroll compressor

Does anyone know weather or not the Amana central air had a scroll compressor? Thanks for any info.

Reply to
lindy

this is Turtle.

Tell me the seer rating of the condenser or heat pump and i will tell you if it has one. Now a model number of the condenser would tell real fast. I think the 5 ton in the 10 seer is the only scroll they have and the

12 seer the 4 and 5 ton have scrolls. About half have it and half don't have it. Let me know what the condenser is and i will tell you. Fill in the blanks and you will find out.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

You know Amana is owned by Goodman, right?

Just an informative note, no connotation should be taken by this

Reply to
SQLit

No I didn't know that.

Reply to
lindy

According to American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy, The Amana is top rated not that this means anything in particular, I was checking about the scroll compressors, because Turtle indicated that they were better than the piston type, and I have grown to respect his knowledge regarding HVAC

Reply to
lindy

This is Turtle.

Energy efficent equipment means a great deal but you still have to concide longivity as to a scroll compressor. Go with a EER / SEER and a scroll compressor and you do pretty good.

If you don't have a model number of the Amana's to go by. Tonite I will research my Amana Data CD and serperate out the scroll types from the pistons type. i really need to do this to have this for my own references. I will try to post back to nite if i don't forget.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

"SQLit" wrote in news:Eazec.18$U83.0@fed1read03:

I didn't know that either. We are currently living in a brand new rental home that was provided with a Goodman central air system. Of course, the unit is brand new, but it performs perfectly.

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

It performs as well as its going to..and it performs as to the best of your knowledge, "perfectly". Goodman has had so many issues over the last few years that I can honestly say, it is doubtful that it is working perfect, but its working well enough that you are satisfied with it.

Reply to
*CBHVAC*