Screws for Squeaking Floor under carpet

Have seen TV shows where they cut down squeaking floors under carpet by using special screws through the carpet and then break the heads off. Local Home Depot, Lowes & Ace do not carry these. Anyone know where they can be purchased or the name of a manufacturer?
Thanks in advance.
nospamplse wrote:

here is one ......
http://www.mcfeelys.com/squeaky-floor-repair
Thanks for the info.
Reed wrote:

On Fri, 08 May 2009 10:33:49 -0400, nospamplse

And I did purchase something like this at Home Depot a couple years ago -- if I remember it was over by the flooring materials rather than with the rest of the screws&nails.
Josh

And how did it work out?

Pretty well -- this was under carpet, so I didn't have to fill any holes. The kit came with a long screw threaded just at the bottom to help find joists (drive in 1/2 inch, if you can't move it then it's in a joist), a three-pointed guide to stop the screws at the right depth (and help snap the top off), a driver bit to match, and a pile of the special screws. I had to drive a bunch in a couple of places to get a warped part of the subfloor down, but most of the squeeks were eliminated or lessened considerably. Can't see or feel any of the screw locations.
I see it on HD's website, but it says "Online Only"; may or may not still be available in some stores:
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId051&productId0662995&langId=-1&catalogId053
Annoyingly, the HD name is "Squeeeeek No More", so searching for "squeek" doesn't find it. Idiots...
I do need to go back and add a few more now, thanks for adding this to my weekend to-do list :-)
Josh

FINISHING SCREWS
Jimmie
Josh wrote:

No longer carried by HD or Lowes.

As previously posted, at HD it's available but online only.
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId051&productId0662995&langId=-1&catalogId053
nospamplse" <"dryearwood(nospamplse) wrote:

If there's a finishable hardwood floor under that carpet, I'd think twice about this solution. It would make a real mess for anyone trying to restore the hardwood in the future.
Bob F wrote:

Agreed! If you know there is hardwood down there (pull up a floor register, or a corner in a closet), and it is simply too squeaky to bear, instead of screws you should use headless nails with the coated or grooved sides, and drive them through the carpet with a punch. Those, you can always find later, sink further, and putty. (as long as floor never gets wet enough for them to leave rust spots, of course.) If a first floor is squeaking, and basement isn't finished, attack from below.
-- aem sends...
Bob F wrote:

No hardwood under.