Screw Won't Budge

It's a brand new mini grease gun. Need to remove a slot screw to attach a flexible hose. It won't budge. I don't have access to heat or a vise. Any solutions? Thanks

Reply to
Restless

Brand new? Return it.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

You need an impact screwdriver, like Harbor Freight 92481 or 37530. As cheap and effective as these tools are, it is amazing that so many have never seen or heard of them. They are a staple in nearly every pro mechanic's tool box, especially those that still have to work on older cars where it the brake drums were often retained by a single flat head screw. Don't forget the penetrant, and good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

As in "Liquid Wrench" or the like - though I wonder how brand new is something that needs such stuff.

Don Klipstein

Drill it out, use an easy-out and put in a new screw.

Reply to
Claude Hopper

Something's wrong here, folks. A brand new gun shouldn't be like that. I suspect that other possibilities exist, e.g. left-hand thread, not supposed to be removed, etc. Before "drilling it out," etc. I think you need to get some more facts and/or return it. I bet you are overlooking something.

Chet

Reply to
CGB