Screw Type Used In Norelco Electric Razor ?

Hi,
Was trying to repair my Norelco electric razor, but have hit a roadblock.
They have some incredibly small screws holding the head on.
Thought they were hex-Allen head, but now think not.
Too small, with my eyesight, to really see the head clearly; magnifier won't fit.
Think they might be TORX headed screws ? Or ?
If Torx, any idea where to buy these ultra small wrenches that might fit ? Home Depot, etc., do not seem to carry them.
Thanks, Bob
they are TORX, I forget which size, seems like T5, but can't remember for sure which T number
something less than T10 though
have not worked on mine in a couple of years
you can get precision small TORX here
http://www.wihatools.com/267serie.htm
I will post later on which T size, but my small TORX and my razor are not in the same location at the moment!
Robert11 wrote:

Ask for the 1/4" hex shankd Torx bits for screw guns. Home Depot should have them. Then just use a ratchet or replaceable tip screwdriver. If HD doesn't have them (they should), try a Microcenter computer store or automotive store.
Grainger and other local stores will carry the Wiha german screwdrivers & sets
here is a graphic that shows the national distributors http://www.wihatools.com/distlink.htm
plus there are hundreds of local distributors on the state drop down menu on that page, you probably have one within 10 miles of your house, unless you are way out in the sticks

Unless, of course, they are metric and you need an M2 or M3
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Right. Norelco was bought out by Philips, I believe. Not sure where the razors are manufactured.
Norelco has a live online help line: http://norelco.webhelp.com/norelco /
Philips shavers have always been known in the US as Norelco, in Canada and the rest of the world they were called Philipshave. I read many years ago that Philips could not use the Philips name because there already was a Philips electronic company operating in the US, they sold under the name of Philco.
That company has long gone, so Philips now uses it own name except for shavers, because the brand Norelco was so well known. By the way, in Canada Norelco was a telephone manufacturing company Northern Electric Company, a division of Bell Telephone similar to the Western Electric Company that Bell used to own in the US. Northern Electric Company has separated from Bell and morphed a number of times and is now know as NorTel, whose stocks have been plummeting lately.
wrote in message

That's interesting. Philco met its demise probably 25+ years ago, but about three years ago I saw the name used on TV sets sold by K Mart. Frigidaire makes air conditioners under many names and they also made some under the Philco label, but I don't know who was selling them.
Phillips has had a pretty good reputation in recent years for electronics. Given the time difference between the loss of Philco and the newer Phillips, I've never confused them so I guess the strategy worked.
I believe that Ford Motor bought Philco when they made car radios and morphed it into their electronics group.

No sir
you are confusing the drive size T5, T10, etc. with the screw size M2, M3, etc.
he is not needing a replacement screw (where the screw size needs to be known)
he is trying to undo the fastener (only the drive size need be known)
read the poster's question carefully before throwing out a response that will send him in the wrong direction!
cowboy wrote:

You're even more right. I'm going to shut up now. I think the OP has what he needs. ;)
mine is a Torx T8
I bet that all Norelco's are that size.
every one I have ever seen is the same size
I think even larger Sears stores should have a Torx T8 screwdriver in stock.
here it is at Sears:
http://tinyurl.com/dtalb