Screw Plastic Bucket Connector??????

I am looking for ideas for a connector to draw fluid out of a 5-gallon plastic bucket. The liquid, a silicone resin, is quite viscous. I've made threaded fittings for the extendable, disposable spout and cap, but a fragile thing like that eventually leaks. I'm leaning toward a permanent fitting attached to the disposable lid (which tends not to leak when the bucket is inverted for use), but I'd rather have something that doesn't require removing the lid.
I recall using a fitting for a plastic container that consisted of a sharp, screw-threaded end with a hole through the blade that was "punched" into the plastic and turned, and the threads would force the back end of the threaded portion (that had a rubber washer) firmly up against the plastic surface. Even with a thin material like water or turpentine, it didn't leak. It was removed when the bucket was empty and used for the next bucket.
Anyone know where I might get SOME device for quick and leak-free connection to a disposable, 5-gallon plastic bucket? Or any other ideas?
Mark
On 1/4/2012 7:05 AM, gmark wrote:

bucket. The liquid, a silicone resin, is quite viscous. I've made threaded fittings for the extendable, disposable spout and cap, but a fragile thing like that eventually leaks. I'm leaning toward a permanent fitting attached to the disposable lid (which tends not to leak when the bucket is inverted for use), but I'd rather have something that doesn't require removing the lid.

screw-threaded end with a hole through the blade that was "punched" into the plastic and turned, and the threads would force the back end of the threaded portion (that had a rubber washer) firmly up against the plastic surface. Even with a thin material like water or turpentine, it didn't leak. It was removed when the bucket was empty and used for the next bucket.

the bottom of the pail. Then add a second fitting to the top so you can used compressed air to force the material out the first device and into whatever you desire.
Or is you really get fancy, make the first device coaxial so the compressed air can also be forced into the bucket at that location.
Paul
On 1/4/2012 9:05 AM, gmark wrote:

I've got one similar to this in a bucket of SAE90 for small gearboxes...
<http://www.petcarerx.com/catalog/productdetails.aspx?pid 549&&id76>
if the dispensed volume at a time isn't large.
Otherwise, you could go to the pumps, either hand or even air...
<http://www.nextag.com/Vestil-Manual-Drum-and-789663195/prices-html
I know the device of which you're thinking; I don't have a source offhand, though.
I think one could manufacture one from a piece of 3/8" or 1/2" pipe (start w/ a threaded nipple, cut on diagonal and sharpen, add a locking ring/gasket) or copper (use a threaded fitting/solder connection and repeat above general idea) if push came to shove...

How about one of the buckets like paint comes in that have a pour spout and mixing hole in the lid?
http://www.5gallonbuckets.com /
--

Keep the whole world singing . . .