Screw hooks into Hardy Plank

I need to hang ornament on back poach from the ceiling. Would like to go into the hardy plank trim (1x3) around the edge of the ceiling. If I go into the 3 inch side and hang perpendicular would the screw hooks hold. Not extremely heavy piece but may be some wind loading.
On 7/8/16 4:44 PM, jc wrote:

I'd probably epoxy the bracket rather than drill into the HP. That or just tell the missus it can't be mounted there ;-)
--
With all this “gun control” talk, I haven’t heard one politician say how
they plan to take guns away from criminals and terrorists— just from law