Screw Extractor - how to?

Page 2 of 2

MC-
Thanks for the followup......I've messed up & fixed a fair number of threads / stuck screws.
I think the reason the successive drilling worked out is that the brass is so soft but that's also why the extractor didn't work.
A steel screw would have been more difficutl to drive but the extractor would have bit (in a steel screw) rather than slipped as in the brass screw.
To remove the debris you might consider a shop vac rigged up with a small probe.
cheers Bob

I did, I ordered the impact driver from the site you recommended and plan to wait and give that a try on my other stubborn screws. Thanks.
MC