Screw extractor

That was my point. If you're short of customers, you accept Bob.

I never suggested it was anything to do with your or my work. Do you not understand the concept of hypotheticals?

Considering 1000s of replies to my posts are made in a week, I'm not talking to myself.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Which implies you disagree with what I said. The correct response is to declare why you believe what I said was wrong.

I get the feeling you believe what you believe for no logical reason, but just because everybody tells you that's the way it's done. Are you religious by any chance?

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Be careful. If you backpedal too fast/too far, you'll fall down and hurt yourself. Of course, if an injury prevents you from posting, that would be good for the rest of us.

Don't try to BS me by saying "That was my point". This thread tangent started by you saying "Never fire a paying customer." Now that more than one of us has pointed out how wrong that philosophy is, you are starting to add caveats.

Let's look at your latest statement:

"If you're short of customers, you accept Bob."

Now, that can be taken 2 different ways, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and address both.

1 - By saying "accept Bob" you might mean that you take him on as new client. If that's what you meant, then your statement is totally irrelevant to this conversation since we are talking about firing a paying customer, not the decision process for accepting new ones. In other words, you are changing the subject. 2 - By saying "accept Bob" you might mean accept Bob's *attitude*. Remember Bob? Remember why I fired him? Well, now we go all the way back to your original statement: "Never fire a paying customer." So which is it? "Never fire a paying customer" or "Never fire a paying customer, unless this or unless that, etc." If you are now adding caveats, that just proves that you were wrong when you made your original statement.

BTW...it really is OK to admit when you are wrong. People might even respect you more if you did that every now and then.

What's hypothetical about "Never fire a paying customer"?

What's hypothetical about having enough good clients that the bad ones can be fired?

Quantity does not imply quality. As long as you know your stats, go calculate how many of those responses point out how much of a troll you are.

The only fool that needs to be corrected in this thread is you.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

te:

e got you to do it that way. What kind of childish legal system do you hav e over there? The rule appears to be anybody can blame anybody but themsel ves, you lot are truly pathetic.

upid* not confusing.

declare why you believe what I said was wrong.

I have already done that. I've already explained the liability issue. If yo u failed to grasp the concept - or refuse to believe that it exists - that's on you, not me.

t's dangerous. How

dangers and he has

just because everybody tells you that's the way it's done. Are you religi ous by any chance?

In case you missed it the first two times, I'll try again:

I've already explained the liability issue. If you failed to grasp the concept - or refuse to believe that it exists - that's on you, not me.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Yeah, I'm retired from 45 years of successful management consulting in a state-licensed profession-- the last 28 being self-employed.

While it's hard to walk away from billing that will go directly into your bank account, I did that several times over the years.

I pulled the plug if a client or prospect made me feel uncomfortable in terms of who they were, how they did business, or what they were asking me to do,

Reply to
Wade Garrett

If I may anticipate Birdman's response...

"You did what the client asked you to do. How can you be liable when the outcome is not what the client expected?"

He just doesn't understand the concept of "deep pockets". When it comes to being the "expert" vs. being the "client", the deeper the pockets, the more chance that the expert is at risk.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

It's my fault because I know better than to do it out of spec/code (atleast, I should) and I went and did it anyway. The responsible thing to do would have been to release the customer or properly do the job, the first time. If the customers home has a fire because they insisted I provide power to their 220volt electric dryer using 12/2wg to save them costs, it's my fault if I do it. I know better. I'm responsible for what's eventually going to happen. I can't get into an agreement with the customer to knowingly break the law and/or cause intentional code violation which most likely will result in property damage and/or death.

Reply to
Diesel