Screw extractor

Page 2 of 4
On 3/31/2016 9:50 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

There are plenty of reasons to fire a customer. Anyone demanding a price break that is unreasonable for starter. Just walk away. We gave up a million dollar account for that reason. One of our competitors took the work though. Filed for Chapter 11 a year later.
On 4/1/2016 11:54 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I can't quote the source, some thing told me in person. There is a plastic factory some where in NYS, they got a low bid from Walmart, to make a million or so items. The bid was so low, they would not have stayed in business. They declined, as I remember hearing told.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

I originally said "never throw away a PAYING customer. Paying clearly means making you money. DOH!
--
Reticulating splines....

On 4/1/2016 12:35 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Paying only means the customer pays the invoice.
Whether or not there is profit is another matter, you dumb Psittacidae. ;-)

That was implied you fuckwit.

On Friday, April 1, 2016 at 12:35:18 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

As I said before, there are reasons to throw away a paying customer, even if they are "making you money". BTDT
Steve pays me well. Steve treats me with respect. I'm happy to have Steve as a client. I might even give Steve a discount.
Bob pays me well. Bob treats me like crap. Bye Bye Bob. I don't need Bob's money badly enough to put up with his attitude.
It's obvious that you don't mind being crapped on...you keep coming back here.

Depends if you have a customer to replace Bob.

I enjoy correcting fools.
--
Saturday morning I got up early, quietly dressed, made my lunch, and slipped quietly into the garage. I hooked up the boat up to the van, and proceeded to back out into a torrential downpour. The wind was blowing 50 mph, so I pulled back into the garage, turned on the radio, and discovered that the weather would be bad all day. I went back into the house, quietly undressed, and slipped back into bed.. I cuddled up to my wife's back, now with a different anticipation, and whispered, "The weather out there is terrible."
My loving wife of 5 years replied, "And can you believe my stupid husband is out fishing in that?"
On Friday, April 1, 2016 at 4:44:23 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

BS. I have enough clients to not need to replace *any* of the Bob's that don't fit my business model. That model includes treating me with same level of respect that I treat them. If I didn't treat them with respect, I would expect them to fire me.
That's the benefit of not living Bob to Bob...I have some cushion. That happens when you are good at what you do, something you apparently aren't. "Keep crapping on me because I can't afford to lose you as a client." Man, that must really suck.
BTW...I don't respect you, so feel free to fire me at any time.

And they say that people that talk to themselves are crazy. Imagine that!

That was my point. If you're short of customers, you accept Bob.

I never suggested it was anything to do with your or my work. Do you not understand the concept of hypotheticals?

Considering 1000s of replies to my posts are made in a week, I'm not talking to myself.
--
We used to mock the Americans' litigiousness, political correctness, health & safety obsessions and the like.
Now Britain is full of lazy lard buckets who'll sue for everything they can get if they even stub their toe on something.
On Sunday, April 3, 2016 at 3:35:07 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

Be careful. If you backpedal too fast/too far, you'll fall down and hurt yourself. Of course, if an injury prevents you from posting, that would be good for the rest of us.
Don't try to BS me by saying "That was my point". This thread tangent started by you saying "Never fire a paying customer." Now that more than one of us has pointed out how wrong that philosophy is, you are starting to add caveats.
Let's look at your latest statement:
"If you're short of customers, you accept Bob."
Now, that can be taken 2 different ways, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and address both.
1 - By saying "accept Bob" you might mean that you take him on as new client. If that's what you meant, then your statement is totally irrelevant to this conversation since we are talking about firing a paying customer, not the decision process for accepting new ones. In other words, you are changing the subject.
2 - By saying "accept Bob" you might mean accept Bob's *attitude*. Remember Bob? Remember why I fired him? Well, now we go all the way back to your original statement: "Never fire a paying customer." So which is it? "Never fire a paying customer" or "Never fire a paying customer, unless this or unless that, etc." If you are now adding caveats, that just proves that you were wrong when you made your original statement.
BTW...it really is OK to admit when you are wrong. People might even respect you more if you did that every now and then.

What's hypothetical about "Never fire a paying customer"?
What's hypothetical about having enough good clients that the bad ones can be fired?

Quantity does not imply quality. As long as you know your stats, go calculate how many of those responses point out how much of a troll you are.
The only fool that needs to be corrected in this thread is you.

If he asked you to do X, it's not your fault if it breaks because he got you to do it that way. What kind of childish legal system do you have over there? The rule appears to be anybody can blame anybody but themselves, you lot are truly pathetic.

Verbally AND orally. What both? Er.... pssst.... they're the same. And neither matters.

Why?
--
Maybe the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence because that is where the leaky septic tank is buried.

On Friday, April 1, 2016 at 12:34:22 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

Your responses just keep getting stupider and stupider.
I may get bored with you sooner than I thought.

What part of my reply confused you? A paying customer tells you to do something, despite you telling him it's dangerous. How the hell can that possibly be your fault? You have warned him of the dangers and he has accepted them.
--
Coffee (n.), the person upon whom one coughs.

three years. That's how often the code is revised. People can't agree to break the law so any agreement to do so is void. I think that's how it works. I look at a site called overlawyered.com now and then. It has some examples of our finely tuned legal system.

On Friday, April 1, 2016 at 4:43:48 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

What part of my reply couldn't you read? I said your responses were *stupid* not confusing.

Stupider and stupider.

Which implies you disagree with what I said. The correct response is to declare why you believe what I said was wrong.

I get the feeling you believe what you believe for no logical reason, but just because everybody tells you that's the way it's done. Are you religious by any chance?
--
7 wheelchair athletes have been banned from the Paralympics after they tested positive for WD40.

On Sunday, April 3, 2016 at 3:37:31 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

il.com> wrote:

e over there? The rule appears to be anybody can blame anybody but themsel ves, you lot are truly pathetic.

I have already done that. I've already explained the liability issue. If yo u failed to grasp the concept - or refuse to believe that it exists - that's on you, not me.

ous by any chance?
In case you missed it the first two times, I'll try again:
I've already explained the liability issue. If you failed to grasp the concept - or refuse to believe that it exists - that's on you, not me.
On 4/4/16 9:17 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Yeah, I'm retired from 45 years of successful management consulting in a state-licensed profession-- the last 28 being self-employed.
While it's hard to walk away from billing that will go directly into your bank account, I did that several times over the years.
I pulled the plug if a client or prospect made me feel uncomfortable in terms of who they were, how they did business, or what they were asking me to do,
--
Have you ever looked into a mirror and thought…hell no, that can’t be right.

On Monday, April 4, 2016 at 9:34:39 AM UTC-4, Wade Garrett wrote:

If I may anticipate Birdman's response...
"You did what the client asked you to do. How can you be liable when the outcome is not what the client expected?"
He just doesn't understand the concept of "deep pockets". When it comes to being the "expert" vs. being the "client", the deeper the pockets, the more chance that the expert is at risk.
2016 16:34:10 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

It's my fault because I know better than to do it out of spec/code (atleast, I should) and I went and did it anyway. The responsible thing to do would have been to release the customer or properly do the job, the first time. If the customers home has a fire because they insisted I provide power to their 220volt electric dryer using 12/2wg to save them costs, it's my fault if I do it. I know better. I'm responsible for what's eventually going to happen. I can't get into an agreement with the customer to knowingly break the law and/or cause intentional code violation which most likely will result in property damage and/or death.