screen repair

A section of screen in my screened porch has about a 3" hole in it. Is there a way to repair the hole without replacing the section of screen? Thanks.

Most hardware and Borg Home Depot, Lowe's etc...) carry repair kits for screens. They cost a couple of dollars and are fairly easy to use.
Chris
<< Is there a way to repair the hole without replacing the section of screen?

Here's the way great grandpa did it: cut a piece of metal screen to overlap the hole an inch or so around. Strip two or three rows of the outer wires on all four sides. Bend all the protruding wire stubs 90 degrees. Press the patch over the hole and bend the stubs down on the inside to secure it. Spray paint the color of your choice and you're done. Total cost, $0.00, Easy, isn't it?
Joe.
Joe Bobst wrote:

yes, easy, but it still looks like $hit

This is Turtle.
They have repair kits for this but everytime I've seen it done. It always looked Tackey afterwards by way of old screen and new screen. Now if your screen looks brand new, Well maybe so.
TURTLE