Screen for to guard against dog?

While house shopping with my father recently, we went to a few houses that had dogs and they had a sort of chicken wire on their sliding door screens.. Are these homemade jobs or can you actually buy something like this? I'd love to put the screen in our sliding door, but am afraid the dog will blow right through it when he sees the deer and squirrels out back.. Many thanks, Chris
Why anyone would allow such an animal in their home is beyond me. But.....head over to: www.llbean.com. On the left, click on Outdoor Gear & Apparel. On the resulting page, look in the Hunting category for "Dog Supplies". Next page, browse the "Trainers" category.
Why make your sliding door ugly, when you can use a training tool to make the dog obedient?

On a similar note... I leave my dog on the deck when gone for a few hours. We have a gate so it can't get off. Unfortunately, it scratches at the glass and wooden frame. I want to replace the door and don't really want to wait for the dog to die to do it. Any ideas? It's a cocker spaniel so any ideas of "training" it are out. We've tried using a crate, etc. The dog is just too stoopid/old at this point.
Coconut wrote:

Cocker spaniels can't be trained?

not this one. Trust me. I've tried all sorts of things. Bark collar worked while on her. Take it off... barks like a fool. tried for months.
Doug Kanter wrote:

Oh, for heaven's sake. If a frying pan full of bacon catches fire in your kitchen, do you go into the dining room and polish the silver? Of course not. Do the right thing. Train your dog once and for all to be quiet: http://makeashorterlink.com/?X64026438
It has crossed my mind...
Doug Kanter wrote:

Marry me. We could do great things together. We'll take turns being the getaway driver or the shooter.

months.
your
On Tue, 04 May 2004 02:23:01 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

$790?!?!? You gotta be friggin kidding! I can get that very model for about $100 in the city in about an hour......
eq
There is a pet proof screen available which can be put in place of your existing fiberglass or aluminum screen. It's very tough and resists pets ripping it.

It's called "pet guard" and the screen companies sell it. It's riveted onto the screen frame. If you have little kids, be careful in picking out the pattern, as some have larger holes that little fingers could get caught in.
I had this put on my slider screens fifteen or twenty years ago and it has worked very well. It's low enough that it really doesn't obscure the view, too.
Mary
snipped-for-privacy@qnet.com