Screen for to guard against dog?

While house shopping with my father recently, we went to a few houses that had dogs and they had a sort of chicken wire on their sliding door screens.. Are these homemade jobs or can you actually buy something like this? I'd love to put the screen in our sliding door, but am afraid the dog will blow right through it when he sees the deer and squirrels out back.. Many thanks, Chris

Reply to
Coconut

Why anyone would allow such an animal in their home is beyond me. But.....head over to:

On the left, click on Outdoor Gear & Apparel. On the resulting page, look in the Hunting category for "Dog Supplies". Next page, browse the "Trainers" category.

Why make your sliding door ugly, when you can use a training tool to make the dog obedient?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Cocker spaniels can't be trained?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

There is a pet proof screen available which can be put in place of your existing fiberglass or aluminum screen. It's very tough and resists pets ripping it.

Reply to
Mzone719

It's called "pet guard" and the screen companies sell it. It's riveted onto the screen frame. If you have little kids, be careful in picking out the pattern, as some have larger holes that little fingers could get caught in.

I had this put on my slider screens fifteen or twenty years ago and it has worked very well. It's low enough that it really doesn't obscure the view, too.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Shafer

Oh, for heaven's sake. If a frying pan full of bacon catches fire in your kitchen, do you go into the dining room and polish the silver? Of course not. Do the right thing. Train your dog once and for all to be quiet:

Doug Kanter

Marry me. We could do great things together. We'll take turns being the getaway driver or the shooter.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

$790?!?!? You gotta be friggin kidding! I can get that very model for about $100 in the city in about an hour......

eq

Reply to
equalizer