Screen door help

My old screen door is 20+ years and is really beat up. This past week I had a guy doing some window work and he offered to pick up a new screen door and install it. He bought a door from Home Depot, which is supposed to be their "best seller" and it's junk. The center piece is held in place with plastic clips one of which instantlay broke and the metal is amost as thin as aluminun foil. Even the door handle and latch is plastic.
Can someone recommend a good brand? I want something that will last for 10 or 20 years. Within reason price is not an issue. It's impossible for me to get out and purchase a door and get it in my car, nor can I install one anymore. I would like to know before hand a good brand and then I can find where they are sold in local area, and have another go at getting this done.
No, it is not possible to redo the old screen door. The cost to repaint and rescreen is estimated at about $200 and that won't get rid of the rust and deep scratches.
Thanks,
Harry
On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 17:42:07 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (Harry Avant) wrote:

I, too, bought an expensive storm door from Home Depot. The brand is "Forever Doors" and it is guaranteed for life. It has screen and sliding glass panels. Well, the hinge broke and the manufacturer sent me a new one. I needed the S/N sticker on the inside door edge. The new one is on its 8th year and it is opened/closed several times a day. Get one with a lifetime warranty--should be under $200.
I'm not after a storm door, but an old fashoned screen door. What I want is airflow top and bottom and no glass.
Thanks for the info, I'll check google for the brand and see if they do make simple screen doors.

Home Depot is not a good place to go for off the shelf good quality doors. Think of them as the Wal Mart of home improvement, OK. Custom doors from Home Depot seem OK though.