Screen Door Closer installation

The first entries in my threads were written by other people (NOT by me).

Reply to
gary

Huh? What's the difference between "original post" and "first entries"?

Why would other people be writing the first entries in *your* threads?

I still don't understand why your threads (and apparently only your threads) keep getting split into multiple threads. Since you are the common denominator, you seem to be the right person to ask.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

There are now 4 threads related to your issue.

3 are entitled "Re: Screen Door Closer installation" 1 is entitled "Re: Screen Door Closer"

First off, I don't know why the title of a ng thread would start with "Re:".

Second, none of the 4 threads appear to contain your original post, instead the first post in each thread appears to be a response to previous post.

Do you (or anyone) have any idea why this is happening?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I would expect the first entry in each of the "Screen Door Closer Installation" threads would be written by me.

But they were written my other people.

I can't explain that.

Reply to
gary

A word of advise: Don't install screen doors on submarines. Just sayin'.

Reply to
Col. Edmund J. Burke

I see only one.

It happens when you don't have the post in the thread to which the "Re:" is responding. True for you? No idea.

In my case, using OE, I occasionally reset each folder (to dump old messages), then reload the newest 300, then compact all folders (to tidy up the dbx files). After doing that, any replies to a message I no longer have will appear as a thread with "Re:".

Reply to
dadiOH

A total of 28 posts in the thread including this one.

Reply to
dadiOH

I am forced to use GG at work. Currently I see 34 posts across 4 threads related to the topic. None of them have Gary's OP as the first post, so I'm guessing that there are more posts that I can't see.

Re: Screen Door Closer installation 15 2:59 PM Re: Screen Door Closer installation 11 7:30 AM Re: Screen Door Closer installation 6 Jul 14 Re: Screen Door Closer 2 Jul 14

About an hour ago, there was a 4th thread entitled Re: Screen Door Closer installation with a single post in it from Col (Troll) but that post has disappeared from my list.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I don't use OE (Agent), but do you think the issue with posts no longer appearing could have anything to do with "I occasionally reset each folder (to dump old messages), then reload the newest 300?"

As far as I can see there were only two (2) original threads: Screen Door Closer installation Screen Door Closer

All activity has been to one or the other.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

related to the topic. None of them have Gary's OP as the first post, so I' m guessing that there are more posts that I can't see.

r installation with a single post in it from Col (Troll) but that post has disappeared from my list.

Just for fun, access the a.h.r ng via Google Groups (no, you don't have to register or even sign in to the evil Google)

I believe you will see at least 4 threads related to this issue. Now, this is not something that happens with most threads, but a similar thing is hap pening in 2 of Gary's threads over in rec.woodworking.

For example, there are 3 threads with the same title in the wRec:

Re: Particle Boad screws

I'm not saying that Gary is the cause, only that he is the common factor in different threads in different ng's, with GG being the other common factor . However, since GG doesn't do this to other threads, we are back to Gary's threads as the only ones displaying this issue.

Gary: What reader/app are you using and what do you see - multiple threads or a single thread in a.h.r and the wRec?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Holy crap! What a jumbled mess GG is. It is not easy to follow at first glance. However, in Agent, there are two threads initially on this topic with his name on both of them and two threads with his name in rec.woodworking. My guess would be he is the culprit for the confusion.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Yes, of course, that's what I said.

Reply to