Scratches in new galvalume roof

I had a new steel roof put on about a month ago. There were a few scratches in the metal, which now have a white crust (zinc oxide?). The contractor is contacting the supplier about it, but I thought I'd ask for some opinions here. Is there a paint that can be used to cover the scratches? Do you think the sheets of metal (two or three) affected should be replaced?
Thanks, Dan

That stuff is made with IIRC, 11 layers of coatings. It's good stuff. If it was damaged by the contractor, and factory finish is marred, I'd have it changed out at their cost. The stuff should have never been installed in the first place. IMHO, being a retired steel erection contractor. Now if you pull the sheets, it is difficult to get the screw holes in exactly the same spot yada yada yada.
Steve

>snip<
There is a class of paints called 'zinc rich' that approximate the performance of galvanizing. They are commonly found on welded sections of chain link fence accessories. Try a real paint store for what you need. It is quite possible that zinc rich paint would be acceptable to the roofing maker.
Joe