SCOTUS filings re Chicago Gun Ban

Here's the basic petition: http://www.chicagoguncase.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/08-1521ts.pdf
The plaintiffs are arguing "privileges and immunities" clause of the 14th Amendment, AND the "due process" clause. The first leads them to asking SCOTUS to overturn several seminal decisions (Slaughterhouse, Cruickshank, and Presser). In petitioner's words:
"... probably the worst holding, in its effect on human rights, ever uttered by the Supreme Court.... The decision, and its progeny, lack legitimacy. Faced with a clear conflict between precedent and the Constitution, this Court should uphold the Constitution."
THAT should get the court's attention!
The NRA's brief is here: http://www.nraila.org/pdfs/NRA08-1521.pdf
And the NRA sums up by saying: If the privileges and immunities clause doesn't incorporate the 2nd Amendment, then the Court should re-visit the applicable precedents to discover just what the fuck earlier courts were doing and take steps to correct this shit.
My apologies.
Meant to send this to the tx.guns newsgroup but got all confused. That happens to me sometimes when I'm involved with guns.
Still, there are some interesting posts over there, including a demonstration of how to rack the slide on a Glock with only one hand.
Unfortunately, the anti-gunners will surely use this technique to point out that gun-nuts need to have that OTHER hand free for unspeakable activities.

Which is precisely why we are hesitant to let you have any.
Ah, well. Mistakes were made. I mispost stuff, now and again.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus