Scott Rotary Spreader Settings

What is it with this company? I buy a Scott brand rotary spreader back in 2000 (its called the Easygreen 2000) but for the last couple of years if I buy their fertilizer it doesn't even list my spreader on the back of the bag! I thought by buying the Scott namebrand I could at least have to avoid doing complex math to use my spreader properly!

Buy someone elses fertilizer and check the bag before you buy it. I have a Scotts SpeedyGreen spreader and almost always find it listed on other bags of fertilizer. If not, I just load it up and adjust visually.
BTW, I think the Scotts lawn products are very good, but way overpriced compared to alternatives. Plus, they encourage over use of fertilizer/weedkiller, etc. Basicly, with their 4 step marketing, they tell you to put down weedkiller all over the whole lawn at a certain time, even if you have 12 dandelions that could be easily and more effectively spot treated. Not good for the environment and not as effective against the weeds either.
Jeffy3 wrote:

I live only a few miles from Scotts. They are not the same company they once were and like so many great companies corporate management is to blame. What CEO is going to care what happens 15 years in the future? Get the stock up high in the next three years because I will be leaving. After that who cares.
I would also suggest that their fertilizing philosophy is based to sell fertilizer not really take care of the grass. But that is another subject.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
They also have an interesting smoking policy. Stop or you are fired. I hate cigarettes but I am not sure I buy into that.

Art wrote:

I remember when that one came out. I am a non-smoker but I thought they were over the top on that.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 17:55:39 -0400, "Joseph Meehan"

I"ve never smoked either, and I don't think I know anyone who does, but I think in general there is more to this anti-smoking stuff than protecting peopl'es health.
I think since it's no longer acceptable to pick on Blacks or Jews or Indians or even homosexuals, people have a desire to pick on someone, and they've chosen smokers. Because in a way, they can't defend themselves. It's similar to the GEICO commercials where they say, "So easy a caveman could do it", and in the commericals the Cavemen are objecting, but unsuccessfully.
In Maryland last week, the wise legislature banned smoking at all bars and restaurants in the state, including even private clubs like veterans' halls, even if the members vote for it.
Oh, there is also a proposal to ban trans-fat at all restaurants. Not only is there the desire to have a group to pick on but the general desire to be powerful. When they say that power corrupts, it's not just about accepting graft, it's about exerting power for its own sake.

In the case of employers telling employees that they cannot smoke if they are employed there, the issue is healthcare costs. In every instance I am aware of, when companies do this, they are paying for the employees health insurance. Their rational is that if the employees do not smoke, it lowers their cost for health insurance. On that basis, it would seem the argument does have validity. I guess they could offer an alternative, which is if you want to smoke, you're going to pay the increased cost for your health insurance yourself.

But where do you stop? If you are fat you are fired? If you are skinny you are fired? If you scuba dive you are fired? If you skydive you are fired? All lead to higher health care costs.

You're being funny, right?
This is the suggested way of spraying colored finishes, same pattern encourages dark stripes.