Scooter Story in NY Times today

I have visited the Vespa store in Soho. Wife was a professor in NYC for

10 years before we moved to FL. I used to spent lots of my time in the Apple Store in Soho - and then walk over and covet the Vespa ET4.

Harry

Reply to
Harry Everhart

A pox on those things. I've been to Europe.

Curly Sue

On Sat 30 Apr 2005 07:26:17a, Harry Everhart wrote in alt.home.repair:

When I was 10 years old I accidentally drove my cousin's Vespa into their swimming pool.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

I've been an avid motorcyclist in NYC since (*creak*, *groan*) 1971. Scooters are fun but they're dangerous to ride here due to their small wheels, narrow rake and our notorious potholes. I also don't want to ride anything that can't out-accelerate and out-brake a taxi cab.

Steve Manes Brooklyn, NY

Steve Manes

This is Turtle.

Been there --- Your words are so true.