scissor lift working on carpet surface

We need to rent a scissor lift to hang up some lights in a industrial warehouse. But the floor in the warehouse is commercial carpet glued down on slab. What is a good way to protect the carpet while moving the lift around the warehouse?

Thanks

Reply to
dchou4u

Sheets of plywood

Reply to
ransley

Would the sheets of plywood shift under the wheels of the lift as we turn the wheels around? Or would it be sturdy enough so that it will not shift?

Thanks

Reply to
dchou4u

Doubt they will shift, but they will be a pita to move around in front of the lift every time you move it. I doubt it will do any damage to the carpet if you use nothing. Weight is evenly distributed as you roll. Just don't turn the wheels when you are not moving.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

snipped-for-privacy@i12g2000prf.googlegroups.com...

Steering only while rolling is a great answer and a correct answer but it seems the person they charge with changing light bulbs isn't always part of the brain trust for the organization. So repeating the instructions many, many times doesn't always work.

A helper moving plywood might be cheaper in the long run.

Just a thought.

Reply to
RLM