Schematic?: Maytag Washing Machine Control Board (or Board itself)

I need either the schematic for the control board for a Maytag 'Neptune' Model MAH3000AWW washing machine, or the board itself if I can't get the schematic.

Can anybody be of help? Maytag wants to sell me the board: toooo expensive.

Christopher A. Steele

Reply to
casteele95thbgheavy

Hi,

I doubt you will find the schematic for the control board....I doubt Maytag even has it as the part is made by someone else for them.

What is wrong with yours??

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Jeff:

Posted the question for a friend who is off on a short trip, back late today (he's got a background in electronics). I'm not sure exactly what the symptoms are, but will post them after he gets back. Thanks!

//cas

Reply to
casteele95thbgheavy

Hi,

Great!

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Jeff:

Here's what he gave me.

  1. Washer does not spin or tumble.
  2. 'Door locked' light comes on.
  3. +25 at P3-1 measures 120 vac with Dvm (when 'door locked' light on) to neutral ref. (possibly open ground ref.)

No +24 at P3-7 to motor control (measuring to neutral ref.)

+24 is measured across large filter cap at output of bridge diode on central board.

160 Ohm is measured from (-) of cap to neutral.

Then 'friend' writes "It looks like an open grnd. ref" which is a statement rather than a question.

Thanks, Jeff.

//cas

Reply to
casteele95thbgheavy

There's an excellent site about the whole Neptune control board fiasco at:

Lots of good info on there.

Good Luck!

Reply to
Mad Mac

Quick test....check for 110-120 volts AC comming into the motor control board ( bottom right of the washer )...power there = the controls ( machine board, timer, switchs ) are telling the motor to go but the problem is in the motor/motor board. No power there and the problem is likely in the machine board, timer, switchs.

other stuff that may help.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Jeff:

Gave 'friend' your comments this morning and we'll see what happens. If I get a chance I'll get back and report on any progress. Again, thanks to you and everyone else who tried to help us.

//cas

Appliance Repair Aid wrote:

control

Reply to
casteele95thbgheavy

The wax motor, door lock and spin enable are working fine, but the machine will not spin. Any ideas? Ron

Reply to
Ron Smith

Model MAH3000AWW washing machine, or the board itself if I can't get the sc hematic.Can anybody be of help? Maytag wants to sell me the board: toooo ex pensive.Christopher A. Steele

Over the years I have had ZERO luck getting the schematcs for any appliance control boards. Simpler ones like basic furnaces you can usually just tra ce out. But more complex ones are just too difficult to do that with. Oft en the problem is a bad solder joint so you can look for those. Particular ly around relays. You can also usually test relays without the schematic.

My front loading whirlpool won't stop filling and start washing. Pressure switch is good. If I bang on the control board it will start working. $12

0 for the stupid board. But I'll probably end up buying one as taking the dryer off the top to mess with it is a pain if you have to do it very many times.

Good luck.

Reply to
jamesgang

Yeah, you need to work faster. It's been 8 years.....

Reply to
trader4

What do you expect from Moaners Hub?

.

Yeah, you need to work faster. It's been 8 years.....

Reply to
Stormin Mormon