ScaleRID watersoftener

ScaleRID ads claim to get rid of hard water problems without expensive water softeners. What are your experiences with ScaleRID?

Reply to
Frank Thompson

No experience, but you are not going to rid your water of calcium without chemicals. I think all these electronic things that just run a current through the pipes are a fraud.

Reply to
Frank

My thoughts too. Aslo the magnetic ones.

I have seen tests, the effect doesnot last long apprently.

There is a test here. Baffles me a bit.

harryagain

I seem to recall that you get some precipitation on the pipes which probably accounts for slight initial reduction but as you say the effect will not last.

I've been surprised that the authorities have not come after these people.

My well water tests borderline for hardness but I have avoided treatment to avoid cost and, since I'm sodium restricted, don't want to add salt to my water. I do have a sediment filter that works great in keeping toilets and sinks cleaner.

Reply to
Frank