ScaleRID watersoftener

ScaleRID ads claim to get rid of hard water problems without expensive water softeners. What are your experiences with ScaleRID?
On 8/4/2011 7:20 AM, Frank Thompson wrote:

No experience, but you are not going to rid your water of calcium without chemicals. I think all these electronic things that just run a current through the pipes are a fraud.

My thoughts too. Aslo the magnetic ones.
I have seen tests, the effect doesnot last long apprently.
There is a test here. Baffles me a bit. http://www.calmagltd.com/electronic_water_conditioners___can_they_soften_water_
On 8/4/2011 11:27 AM, harryagain wrote:

probably accounts for slight initial reduction but as you say the effect will not last.
I've been surprised that the authorities have not come after these people.
My well water tests borderline for hardness but I have avoided treatment to avoid cost and, since I'm sodium restricted, don't want to add salt to my water. I do have a sediment filter that works great in keeping toilets and sinks cleaner.