Sawdust containment

Page 2 of 2

Dude, you are a.h.r.'s most tireless typist. I appreciate this effort, but it's too much work for my situation.

I like this idea, but I've got a cathedral ceiling in the desired work area.

Thanks, Oren. It's a great product, but the room I'm working in is essentially a warehouse, with 30' ceilings.

Bag on the saw outlet doesn't collect a damn thing, but maybe a vac would. Worth a try. A giant U-haul wardrobe box might help.

I use one of these. Works well.
On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 23:18:30 -0400, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Sorry, (damned keyboard).
http://www.mcfeelys.com/product/156092/FastCap-ChopShop-Saw-Hood

That looks like what I'm looking for, alright. I will study the literature some. Thanks!

It's a little expensive but it works really well. The sawdust just drops to the bottom of the "tent". You can put a pail underneath (I use a plastic tote) and it slides off into it. If you're working outside, there's a top flap that can be used to keep the saw dry if it rains. I wouldn't leave the thing outside long, though. It's shaped a lot like a box kite. ;-)

yeah, what he said
ChairMan wrote:

little cheaper (Amazon.com product link shortened)49934451&sr=8-1&keywordsstCap+ChopShop+Saw+Hood

Thanks for the link. I followed it, then later on another computer just searched amazon for "chop saw hood", and found FastCaps at several different price points. Do you guys know if they make different models? One of them had a model number, but the other ones didn't seem to.
Smitty Two wrote:

I think there is onlt one, but could be wrong(always a first time) :) checked their website, they only show one http://www.fastcap.com/estore/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct 3&idcategory=0