Saving and reinstalling tile......

We have a firpelace insert that she wanted removed...of course the tile is over the fireplace box by 1" or so.....so I cut the grout carefully pulled the tiles and sheetrock off without damaging the tiles. Now she has changed her mind, a woman's right you know, and wants to keep the box. Any suggestions of how to remove the tile (glue) from the sheetrock......only four tiles...I have a heat gun BTW Thanks Terry
I think you are removing the wrong item.

tiles
mind,

LOL. I agree.

tiles
mind,
If it was attached to drywall, it was most likely done with mastic (yellow-brown glue). I have soaked the mess in a bucket of water over night and managed to recycle a few tiles where I had no other choice. Soften it and then use a razor blade scraper to shave off as much as possible from the back of the tiles.
Use a the same scraper to remove glue from the wall and install with a bit more glue than before to fill the void. Butter the back of the tiles instead of spreading the mastic on the wall.
Colbyt