Saving a Vinyl Window?

I have a problem with a vinyl horizontal slider window set in a basement wall. Neither sash will slide more than an inch or two. There is a definite hump in the lower frame rail that binds the sashes. I have access to the indoor face of the window due to a remodelling project.
If I dig out the excess foam under the window, is the frame likely to straighten out? The window is about 10 years old - will the vinyl have taken a permanent "set" by now?
I'd rather not replace the window as I don't plan on being in this house much longer. Could just leave it for the next guy I suppose, but then it would just be one more thing for the inspector to write up at sale time.
Suggestions and/or sympathy appreciated.

This was exactly how defective installation was remedied in this house last summer: but the defect was noticeable only a couple of weeks after the window was installed, and fixed within a month.

You should ask a vinyl window manufacturer: but it seems unlikely.
In your case, it seems important to find out the cause, i.e. whether the foundation has shifted since the window last opened freely (not specified here.)
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Can't remember that window ever opening, but that could be a comment on my memory as much as anything else. We very seldom have cause to open it even the couple of inches it will allow.
There is a nearby foundation crack that has been there for years (before we moved in). Would think it has done all the moving it's going to do baring earthquakes.

You could put a screw in the track to pull it straight if you can find a place to put the screw where it is not a problem.
Jimmie

If there is foam in there that you think may be pushing the bottom rail up, I think that digging the excess foam out may work. After digging it out, you may need to place a piece of wood in the bottom rail where the window rides and then very carefully tap down on the wood to get the rail to go down a little. Put a thin piece of wood or metal in front of the glass to protect that while you are tapping with the hammer.

Dig out the foam, install a board slightly longer than the distance from the bowed side to the opposite side and wedge it gently in place. Leave it in place for a few days, then check to see if the window works better. Repeat as needed. If it fails, bite the bullet and replace the window. The replacement will be a selling point if you decide to move.
Joe

A replaced replacement window is no selling point over an original replacement window that works.