Save My Marriage!

I dropped my wife's favorite cake dish and the pedestal base came off. It's a mushroom shape in profile, coffee cup sized base with a dinner dish sized cake dish on top. The original clear, hard as glass glue remains on the plate. How do I get this off and once off, what type adhesive/glue do I use to reattach the base and plate? All advice appreciated.
Bronx Joe
On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 01:43:21 +0000, Joe Viola wrote:

Duct tape.
Linux Registered User #327951

on the plate or the wife?

Are you sure that "hard as glass" glue is not really glass? I'd check out some local glass workers, glass blowers, stained glass people that may be able to put it back together again. A good epoxy will hold for a while, but the dishwasher may do it in.

That hard-as-glass glue is likely just the glass weld between the plate and the column. I use epoxy for glass repairs, but this joint gets a lot of torque, and it is likley not fixable, and cannot be washed except by hand, after such a difficult repair. Sorry about the marriage consequences...........

I would try epoxy. Otherwise, the options seem to be limited to finding a glass place that can "weld" them together with glass. Cheers, cc

Save your marriage, go out and buy a replacement nicer than what you broke. Putting a cake in it might be a nice touch.

I grew up in the Baychester area.
Dan Espen wrote:

Screw that. Go out and buy a replacement wife that isn't so hung up on an inanimate object which clearly was broken by accident.

Screw that.
Then he'll be paying for the new wife AND the cake dish.
find a glass blower & have them fix the dish
find a glass blower & have them fix the dish
writes:

pedestal base came

sized base with a

clear, hard as glass

once off, what

plate? All advice

than
touch.
isn't so hung up on

accident.
And the old wife??

Use some cheap crazy glue to stick it temporarily and place it where your wife will bump it and smash it to pieces ;)
--
Free men own guns, slaves don\'t
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/

You have a point there. Might be easier to replace the wife.
Bob
-> I dropped my wife's favorite cake dish and the pedestal base came off. -> It's a mushroom shape in profile, coffee cup sized base with a dinner -> dish sized cake dish on top. The original clear, hard as glass glue -> remains on the plate. How do I get this off and once off, what type -> adhesive/glue do I use to reattach the base and plate? All advice -> appreciated. -> -> Bronx Joe
My vote is for going out and buying a new, crystal cake dish. Wrap it as a gift and present it with a sincere apology.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~