Save money

Page 1 of 2

I hear you can save 400 dollars switching to GEICO. Then switch to Allstate and save another 400 dollars. Then switch to Progressive and save another 300 dollars. Now you're making money. Just switch to Century21 car insurance and save another 600, or by now they are paying you to take their insurance.
On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 08:44:26 -0400, Van Chocstraw

I had a similar experience with those devices that save you 20-30% on your fuel mileage. I put them all on my car and I finally had to remove a couple because the fuel was overflowing out the gas cap and screwing up the paint.

I used to play golf. Every time I changed a club or got a new ball, it added 10 yards to my drive. I used to tee off on the first tee and hit the green on 18. I'd be done in 15 minutes with a score of 4 or 5.

GEICO GEICO GEICO GEICO GEICO GEICO GEICO GEICO GEICO GEICO
GIVE ME A FRICKIN BREAK! ENOUGH ALREADY!
Absolutely adolescent stupid ads with cave men and geckos. I'd like to see a youtube video of someone smashing that gecko with a heavy object. Or those hot cavemen going under a semi in their ass hugging motorcycle leathers. That would be funny. And their racing sponsorships ........ sheesh, that has to cost a bundle. If they want to give good rates, quit with all the excessive advertising. You can't go anywhere or watch TV for more than 15 minutes without seeing a GEICO commercial. I wouldn't buy from them just because of that. And when I called for a quote long ago, they were 40% over everyone else. They give you a price and they act like you CAN'T be paying less or get the same insurance for less than that.
GO AWAY
Steve

Agreed, smash the duck with a gecho and then stuff the dead duck with the gecho and bake at 450 degrees for 45 minutes.
joevan wrote:

Stuff the duck with the gecko and then stuff Billy Mays. If Mays is not available, use the Shamwow guy ;)

Many years ago I did save money with GEICO, long before Buffet owned it, probably 40 years ago. . Last time I checked, they were a few bucks less than my regular carrier, but my agent changed me to Harleysville Insurance and now I'm saving a real bundle.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I got the best price from an evil family owned insurance agency. They do minimal advertising and the same is true for the main company they represent. They depend on word of mouth from happy customers. I previously got many, instant easy quotes from web sites/800 numbers and none were close to what I pay.
wrote in message

I buy from an Agent as well and the savings are because I have EVERYTHING thru them..House , cars , personal liability , liability for work , ect....Geico was more the last time I checked....
"Evil family owned"...LOL....Still suffering from WDS ???You put that in every post...Trying to start a Walmart bashing thread or do you just need an "Atta boy " from other Walmart Derangement Syndrome sufferers ??? ; )
On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 08:44:26 -0400, Van Chocstraw

Whenever I see an increase in premium I shop around and get 3 or 4 quotes from different companies and take the lowest. Do this exercise and you will see big differences. ANY claim at all is very bad in keeping your premium the lowest.

Funny. I like to get three or four prices on most anything I buy. I can still do the math and know which number in four numbers is lowest.
Steve ;-)

I'd like to save $400 on my car insurance. I just paid the bill. Ouch. For my van and my wife's car, it was over $600 for the year for $500,000 coverage. $200 sounds more reasonable to me.
I'd like to save $400 on my car insurance. I just paid the bill. Ouch. For my van and my wife's car, it was over $600 for the year for $500,000 coverage. $200 sounds more reasonable to me.
Depends on where you live, ages, etc. That coverage would probably cost a 20 year old about $2500. I'm paying $979 for two cars with collision and $512 for homeowners and that is with all sorts of discounts for safe driver, security devices, etc. .
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

seriously, my insurance bill was cut in about half when I moved from MD to VA. PG county is apparently a high risk area.
Of course, they must know what they're doing, because the only claim I ever made was in PG county (someone backed into my car while it was parked at the curb in front of my house)
I've not noticed my insurance going down due to age; I was told that it woudl drop when I hit 25 but it didn't. Only time that I have noticed it drop at all was when switching companies (only done that a few times) or moving.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Very true. We pay $954 annually for our two cars with collision in a no-fault state (and the older vehicle is a 2007 Honda Element). The homeowners is more, though, at $934 for an older house that would cost a lot to replace.
As stupid and obnoxious GEIKO's ads are, Progressive.com's are worse. That idiotic Flo woman is the most repulsive person I have ever seen on TV, surpassing even the late Billy Mays. And those ads are literally every five minutes on nearly every network I watch. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the ad manager(s) for that company were taking payoffs from the competition. Larry
Lp1331 1p1331 wrote:

Likely you aren't in their target customer group. TV ads are expensive and they fine tune them to attract their target audience. Progressive targets higher risk/bad credit types.
Lp1331 1p1331 wrote:

Yeah, but she's prettier than the lizard and could probably be talked into a "little something extra if you sign up right now." I mean, if she and the lizard walked in my front door, my cat would eat the lizard and I'd ..."

So , so very true...The Clown Woman is the worst with the cartoon retards on Esurance a close second....
Lp1331 1p1331 wrote:

No way! I still have Billy Mays and his ugly bearded face screaming at me from the grave, but, Flo? I love Flo and I love the lizard. Too many repeats, and when I surf to avoid commercials all of the other channels are in commercial mode. Sick of all of them, and I can't think of anything, other than Era detergent, that I have ever bought based on a TV commercial.