Save 30% On Your Cooling Bill????

  • posted

Other than being sort of pricey for a handfull of plastic tubing, does anyone have any comments about this?

I HAVE NO AFFILIATION WHATSOEVER WITH THIS COMPANY.

Just wondering if it looks practical.

John

Reply to
John‰]

We have hard water, and they advertise a filter to limit the hard water deposits, thats still got to be hard on the cooling coils.

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

John wrote: Other than being sort of pricey for a handfull of plastic tubing, does anyone have any comments about this?

I HAVE NO AFFILIATION WHATSOEVER WITH THIS COMPANY. Just wondering if it looks practical. John

This might help most in a dry environment, for as you know, higher relative humidity won't allow evaporative cooling much effectivness. I wonder if you could pipe the condensate to the misters, to save water and limit scale build-up. I'd just provide the unit the shade that the manufacturer suggests. Tom

Reply to
tom

Unless you are going to use distilled water (which will be a lot more than 6¢ per day) I would not consider it. These things have been around a long time and they all have the same build up problem.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

They would need to use rain water or its equivalent, hard water would end up destroying the heat transfer ability of the fins and coils.

Also, all cap tube, and piston orifice refrigerant controls require sufficient head pressures to provide enough refrigerant to the evaporator coils. The hotter it is the faster the refrigerant flows to the coils (except for expansion valves systems.), but the mist would alter that design equation.

The reason some commercial applications use misting is because the condensers are on black tar roofs that generate extreme heat on sunny days.

The condenser coils are designed to function perfectly with regular outdoor air, altering what they designed for will do little to help and could hinder performance!

A 30% savings, in my opinion, is a huge over statement. Under light load conditions and mild outdoor temperatures the mist would hinder performance. - udarrell -Darrell

Reply to
udarrell

Lets see water sprayed on aluminum...... Gee what is wrong with that picture?

If this worked then why does not Goodman, Trane, Carrier, and York just to name a few make a condenser that works like this. Reason is simple longevity.

I built something like this years ago in Phoenix. Put it on a house that was scheduled for demo for a freeway. So I did not give a ...... about the unit. Within 30 days there was noticeable from the ground, scale on the condenser. So I cleaned the condenser, and then used filtered water. When I moved the condenser looked like a frosted over 1960's freezer compartment. I did not have access to De-I water nor did I want to put a pump to make it work.

Reply to
SQLit

Looks to me like it's as good as those "magnets" on your fuel lines that increase gas mileage by 30%; in other words, useless. I see nothing but hype and claims; nothing to substantiate the product either, IF they are actually shipping something.

If it was such a great idea and such a great product, you can bet you'd see it already in use on lots of brands. It's junk, I"m sure.

Pop

Reply to
Pop