Saturnia Marble

I am looking at a property for sale that has Saturnia marble throughout the living area. As I walked through I commented on the floor but I called it Travertine, the owner promptly corrected me stating "no this is not Travertine this is Saturnia marble". I thought the two are the same so I asked her what the differences are and she said Saturnia is a much better grade of stone and is very thick compared to Travertine which is very thin, like tiles. Is she right? I thought the two are interchangeable terms, like raw fish on rice and sushi.
The floor is not slippery, in fact, it has a film on it, I think she applied some sort of "rubbery" sealant, and now it looks like there is a layer of glue on it. I thought marble sealing is supposed to have a sheen look, not a rubbery glue look.
For some reason, wood baseboards on stone floor seems strange. To have the same marble cut for baseboards will be pretty costly I assume. Any idea for an alternative?
Thanks,
MC
says...

Saturnia is to Travetine as sushi is to raw fish.
http://www.findstone.com has lots of stone info.
miamicuse wrote:

A minor correction...
Sushi has nothing to do with sashimi (raw fish)...sushi is just vinegared rice, may or may not include sashimi.
miamicuse wrote:

Saturnia simply refers to an area in Italy where the travertine by the name Saturnia was extracted.

No flooring that I know of should have a "rubbery glue look". Sounds like the sealer was improperly applied.

Wood baseboard over marble is quite common and acceptable. You may want to consider a 'heavier' or perhaps taller wood baseboard. One with some shape to it or add a shoe base at the bottom to give it more definition.