sateliite antenna

Page 2 of 2
Sligo wrote:

Take the antenna down and place it where it can't be seen. The satellite is 22,000 miles away. By moving the dish from the roof to the ground, you add about 20 feet.
If you think I jest, there are covers for satellite dishes that look like large rocks so you can install the dish in a flower bed. But that's a last resort. Before I did that, I'd have some fun. (Be sure to take lots of pictures and keep a diary - this will make a fine human interest story for your local newspaper.)
First, fabricate and attach large, metal, bright-orange "petals." Paint the dish brown. Behold, a giant sunflower!
This will generate a flurry of letters!
Next, add eyes, etc., to the sunflower. Presto, a "Li'l Black Sambo" face. Be sure to have lots of super-white teeth! Here's sorta what I mean: http://www.sterlingtimes.co.uk/sambo.htm
More letters follow.
Okay, remove the petals. Paint a generic yellow happy face.
More letters.
Next, decal the face of Jesus, the raise the issue of Church-State separation.
Let's see - what can we paint next? Does your homeowners associate allow the flying of flags? (hint-hint).
At some point, you'll have to revert to the sunflower idea and place the dish on a pole in your flowerbed. Add leaves to the pole. Who'll know?
Jerry, I ;like your thinking!!

Sligo wrote:

Read your HOA documents/bylaws/rules. Yes, every group has a requisite condo commando and they do get extreme. Best way to fight that is to run for a board position and be reasonable and right. It isn't that difficult to work for what benefits everyone, but takes wisdom. X-Files had a really good, true-to-life, episode about HOA's a couple of years ago. It was true - I swear :o)