sash windows

I'm new to this newsgroup thing so 'scuse me.

I am looking for plans for making sash windows from scratch. I have a very old wooden house which I am slowly(!!) fixing.I am a competent carpenter, would just like to see some working drawings.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

yammezz

Reply to
Jamie

The alternative would be to pop down to your local archtectural salvage yard, and pick up a damaged one, and pull it apart.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

:)I'm new to this newsgroup thing so 'scuse me. :) :)I am looking for plans for making sash windows from scratch. I have a very :)old wooden house which I am slowly(!!) fixing.I am a competent carpenter, :)would just like to see some working drawings. :) :)Can anyone help? :) :)Thanks :) :)yammezz :)

Try The Old House Chronicle: archives show several articles dealing with wooden sash.

Ev Dugan

"Repairing Old and Historic Windows" ISBN 0-89133-185-9 might be useful TB

Reply to
Tom Baker