Sanyo oven weak.

We've been satisfied with a Sanyo convection oven for four months. Now I have to turn the temperature setting to maximum to roast chickens and fishes. The filaments tend to glow dimmer than usual. Usually it's bright orange, now it's dull orange. I notice the decline in performance when a chunk of melted butter soaked the lower filament. What can I do to increase the filament glow?
Thanks
The heating elements, or control module may need to be replaced. If this is a counter top type oven that you are talking about, it would be more feasible to replace it with a new one.
--

JANA
_____

"Sam Nickaby" < snipped-for-privacy@none.com> wrote in message

Replace it.
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

Check your warranty.

Describe the controls that it has.
Is there a temperature control that might have also been soaked in melted butter?
Normally, the filaments (heating coils or heating elements) do not fail in a manner that can result in significantly lower temperature. They usually die completely.
--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/ Repair | Main Table of Contents: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/REPAIR/ +Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/lasersam.htm | Mirror Sites: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/REPAIR/F_mirror.html
Note: These links are hopefully temporary until we can sort out the excessive traffic on Repairfaq.org.
Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above is ignored unless my full name is included in the subject line. Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the FAQs.

The controls aren't soaked. They operate fine. Here's a picture of the model I got from Amazon.com. http://tinyurl.com/a5nsx "1350-watt digital convection oven quickly cooks, bakes, toasts, and reheats; Full- width top and bottom quartz heaters and twin convection inlets for even heating; 5 temperature-control settings; adjustable toast-shade control; 40- minute timer. "
Since I also notice that it took longer to cook the same meal, could crud may have blocked the convention fans or a heat sensor?

Either of those are possibilities though I'd suspect a problem with the heat sensor (crud or otherwise) before the fan.