Santa Claus Called

Santa called to ask what tools I want for Christmas. He said they have to be $100 or less. He already knows that I'm just a neophyte handyman. I thought about telling him to bring me a Kreg pocket hole jig, a Milwaukee Sawzall, a battery operated Dremel kit, or a number of other things. What would you have told him?
mcp6453 wrote:

Just give me a gift card, I want an air compressor, but I don't want a $100 air compressor!
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Nate Nagel wrote:

I like the use air compressors, myself. The new ones are *way* past my budget!
Jon

My answer would be the Kreg Pocket Hole Jig...
pic:
http://professional-power-tool-guide.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/kreg-k4-pocket-jig.jpg
mcp6453 wrote:

You DON'T want the battery-operated Dremel. You could do better with a battery operated toothbrush.
With a battery operated dremel, you can remove your own fillings during a power cut. Get the free flashlight, and a miror.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I'd have told him I am utterly *delighted* with my battery operated dremmel that I got for the hubby for his birthday as it's just right for our small project needs. I'd ask for a kit for small fine woodworking (hand carve tools) suitable to make doll house furniture, and big hand lathe (adjustable sides that can handle a 6x6 down to a 2x3).
Then again, I luv me cool tool toys!
Seriosly, most who arent happy with the small hand battery dremmel, are trying to use it on projects that need a larger version. It's totaly the perfect tool in it's nitch when used on a correct sized project. Not just doll house stuff either. Honking big solid cherrywood table with delicate filagree that cant take more than hand-sand or this? Worked a charm.

I'd ask for a good turning block of some exotic tropical hardwood that I couldn't ordinarily afford to buy -- ebony, or rosewood, or a great big amaranth slab.