Sanding trim

Page 2 of 2

I've always bought houses to live in, not as vehicles for financial speculation. Three houses, and the three questions I ask myself are:
Can I afford it comfortably? Is it a good house (structurally sound, etc.)? Do I find it attractive?
I've never calculated whether I've made money on either of the sales. I've bought when I needed a house, and sold when I no longer needed it.
I bought my first house when I was 32, and I'm now 50. I'm sure that 50 seems like 80 to you. (It seems like 20 to me.)
Cindy Hamilton

'nuff said.

What's your issue with three houses? Too many? Not enough? We've relocated twice for job changes.
Cindy Hamilton
jeffc wrote: ...

Ummm....let's see. These "wise" younger people going into foreclosure and bankruptcy over their attempted speculation when bubbles burst...

Don't make me laugh.

LMAO --

Some things are just <wrong>. Painting over good hardwood is one of them. I think the trend toward painted trim was probably a plot by the design magazines done at the behest of the mills selling crap finger-jointed pine trim.
aem sends....

I lived in Back Bay Boston many moons ago. Spent a _lot_ of time stripping paint off of beautiful mahogany railings and quarter sawn oak paneling. The whole time, every scrape and stink of the way, I was thinking, why would someone do this to nice wood?!

In 10 or 15 years, some poor bastard will be scraping that paint off to get the natural wood again once it is back in style. It may be easier to take out the trim, store it in the attic, and put up some cheap pine or plastic molding that is painted.
In article <CWUji.154838$Sa4.21736@bgtnsc05-

What do you think about stained finger-jointed pine? Got that, and carpeted rooms with walls sans base molding. Ever see a tapered sheetrock joint against carpet? Fun to paint too (just did the whole house)!
--
Keith