Sanding flush to edge wall...

What's the best way to sand the last few inches of a deck up to the edge? There is an overhand of about 4" above and 4" forward of the edge of my deck (the planks are 90 degrees, not parallel, to the overhang), the rest of which I have sanded very nicely with a belt sander. I can't fit a regular 1/3 sheet sander in there. Apart from a sanding block and lot of elbow grease, is there a sander that will slip up to the edge and do a good job? I have quite a lot to do!
Thanks!
DeanB
Here's a pic of the deck edge:
http://i16.tinypic.com/4l6oxes.jpg
| What's the best way to sand the last few inches of a deck up to the | edge? There is an overhand of about 4" above and 4" forward of the | edge of my deck (the planks are 90 degrees, not parallel, to the | overhang), the rest of which I have sanded very nicely with a belt | sander. I can't fit a regular 1/3 sheet sander in there. Apart from a | sanding block and lot of elbow grease, is there a sander that will | slip up to the edge and do a good job? I have quite a lot to do! | | Thanks!
rent an edger
4" is alot of overhang...........should be no more than 2 ". hand scraping is usually how it's done.
| | DeanB |