Sanding and refinishing 65 year old wood floor

I want to restore our wood floor that's been covered by carpeting for 60 ye= ars. I think it's red oak. Some of the wood is splintered and other areas s= how termite and/or beetle damage, and also water damage Rather than tackle = this job myself, i'd like to hire someone. The trouble is everyone's an "ex= pert". I live in Los Angeles and there's lots of contractors to choose from= . Should I hire a contractor accredited with NWFA, (Nat'l Wood Flooring ass= n.)? Thanks.

Reply to
shareyourknowledge

years. I think it's red oak. Some of the wood is splintered and other areas= show termite and/or beetle damage, and also water damage Rather than tackl= e this job myself, i'd like to hire someone. The trouble is everyone's an "= expert". I live in Los Angeles and there's lots of contractors to choose fr= om. Should I hire a contractor accredited with NWFA, (Nat'l Wood Flooring a= ssn.)? Thanks.

check with folks in the neighborhood for a good referral & a chance to see their work

I did business with this firm ~25 years ago

If Benjamin is still involved... he was pretty much an expert then, he'll even know more now.

Benjamin's Hardwood Floorsmore

3844 East Foothill Boulevard Pasadena, CA 91107 (626) 796-0222

cheers Bob

Reply to
DD_BobK

0 years. I think it's red oak. Some of the wood is splintered and other are= as show termite and/or beetle damage, and also water damage Rather than tac= kle this job myself, i'd like to hire someone. The trouble is everyone's an= "expert". I live in Los Angeles and there's lots of contractors to choose = from. Should I hire a contractor accredited with NWFA, (Nat'l Wood Flooring= assn.)? Thanks.

Bob.

Reply to
shareyourknowledge

I'd cover the existing floor with laminate. Or hardwood. Certainly less work and, for the laminate at least, far cheaper.

Reply to
HeyBub