Sanding and refinishing 65 year old wood floor

I want to restore our wood floor that's been covered by carpeting for 60 years. I think it's red oak. Some of the wood is splintered and other areas show termite and/or beetle damage, and also water damage Rather than tackle this job myself, i'd like to hire someone. The trouble is everyone's an "expert". I live in Los Angeles and there's lots of contractors to choose from. Should I hire a contractor accredited with NWFA, (Nat'l Wood Flooring assn.)? Thanks.
Add pictures here
✖
On Dec 30, 3:56 pm, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

check with folks in the neighborhood for a good referral & a chance to see their work
I did business with this firm ~25 years ago
If Benjamin is still involved... he was pretty much an expert then, he'll even know more now.
Benjamin's Hardwood Floorsmore 3844 East Foothill Boulevard Pasadena, CA 91107 (626) 796-0222
cheers Bob
Add pictures here
✖
On Sunday, December 30, 2012 11:33:58 PM UTC-8, DD_BobK wrote:

Bob.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I'd cover the existing floor with laminate. Or hardwood. Certainly less work and, for the laminate at least, far cheaper.
Add pictures here
✖