Sanded vs Non-Sanded Grout

What is the difference between Sanded and Non-Sanded grout? Are they both waterproof? i am planning to use it on bath stall floor.

they're used for different situations. unsanded if the line is less than 1/8". sanded else. otherwise you get cracks. neither are waterproof unless sealed.

The 5lb containers of non-sanded grout sitting in my kitchen say they are for 1/8" max wide joints. It is for my bath, where you want a smoother finish.
And like any other cement product, grout isn't waterPROOF, it has to be sealed up for that.
ChInKPoInt [No MCSD] wrote:

apply, but it will not mildew.