Sanded Grout OK for Shower Floors?

The space between the bottom row of new tiles on one wall of my shower and the existing floor tiles will be 1/4". Someone in an earlier post stated that sanded grout is not good for wet areas.....Is this correct??? I thought anytime the tile spacing was over 1/8" you were supposed to use sanded grout, PERIOD.

Any professional or just experienced tile-setters care to weigh in on this?

Reply to
joshhemming

Go here for lots of advice. It is a very active board, with lots of willing folks to help you out with all things tile related

newsreader

Go here for lots of advice. It is a very active board, with lots of willing folks to help you out with all things tile related

newsreader

Go here for lots of advice. It is a very active board, with lots of willing folks to help you out with all things tile related

newsreader

We heard you the first two times.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Sorry, message wouldn't send on the first try, got an error message I didn't understand. Guess I fat fingered it when I re-opened

Reply to
newsreader

they were wrong. yes, it's fine and actually preferable.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer