Sanded cedar deck. Sealer with brush or roller?

Do people here have any strong opinion for brushing on or rolling on sealer (Penofin) onto a just-sanded cedar deck?

Both. Roller will do the top, but brush will get between the boards.
Are you done with the sanding? How did it work out?
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

It looks and feels amazing. Came up from a dirty gray, rough, splintery surface to a great looking smooth brown. Especially nice appearance when its wet.
Thing is, if I brush the gap, then I might as well do the whole thing with the brush, the planks are only 6" wide.

How about a paint sprayer? Trouble is, with them you have to mask everything within 50 feet. The overspray goes everywhere. But -because- the spray goes everywhere, it gets into places that a brush may have a hard time getting to.

I've used a 1 qt cheap airless sprayer to put the paint down, then overbrush it to get goot penetration. It goes really fast this way.
Bob
on 5/19/2007 7:47 PM dean said the following:

Rolling is faster and better on your back whether it's a first coat or second? Rolling puts on a heavier amount of sealer. It's easier to throw away a roller than clean a more expensive brush?
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Slop the stain on there with a roller. Then use a brush to even out and fill in the cracks and such.

I prefer a large thick brush, natural bristle wooden handle. A roller is faster on large flat surfaces, but you'll need a brush for hard to reach areas.