Sand in my basement???

I'm at a loss. I'm building a room in our basement and tonight I found a pile of sand around one stud spilling onto the floor ??? Now this was not there 2 weeks ago when I was pulling some electric. My neighbor who was helping me frame a door tonight said he finds this around his walls at certain spots sometimes but never that much so quick. We have been here 7yrs now and I never saw this before. The basement was finished when bought the house but I gutted it due to termites. The funny part is it seems to be coming up through the floor, its dry and very fine.

I searched but I'm coming up with nothing. Does anybody know what is going on here?

Reply to
<justlost

More termites. Those are the cement eating variery. Your concrete floor is probably infested with termites. Remove the floor, foundation, and all concrete or cement block walls. If you don&#39;t, your house will collapse in a few years.

Reply to
bigbrother

I recently found small piles of sand under my carpet in the dining room. Lot&#39;s of ant activity. Apparently they bring in one grain of sand at a time. Just vacuumed it up.

Reply to
Walter R.

vacuumn and ant spray area....

keep close watch for future activity, have home checked for termites

Reply to
hallerb

vacuumn and ant spray area....

keep close watch for future activity, have home checked for termites

**********End Of Post*************

No termites I have been keeping a eye out for them. Walter, can you actually see the ants? I looked through the pile but saw no bugs at all

Reply to
<justlost

I did, but what is the connection between ants and termites (I have those, too).

Reply to
Walter R.

here?

If they are ants, you should see ants around. If termites, you should probe the adjacent wood to see if they have tunneled into it. It is possible you brought more termites in new wood from yard. Look at the stuff under magnifying lens - it should look more geometric than sand if it is from termites.

Reply to
Norminn

If the ants are not dead from residual insecticide, the termites aren&#39;t either. Ants are usually more visible than termites. Point is, if you have ants, there&#39;s nothing to prevent termites.

Reply to
HeyBub