Sand down wood floor

Hi guys,
I currently have wood in the foyer and vinyl sheet in the kitchen and powder room. I'd like to make everything more uniformed, probably with Lowes Edge Tile.
To do that, I need to make the surface the same level, either by removing both wood floor and vinyl (a lot of work), or by sanding down the wood and leaving the vinyl on.
The 200 sq ft wood is now about 1/3 inch higher than the vinyl. Does anyone here have experience to sand down that much wood? Or I have to remove them?
Thanks, Wayne
wayne wrote:

While that stuff might work OK, I would worry about putting it on top of the old vinyl. I would want to rip up the vinyl and if needed add a layer of wood to bring it up to level.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
waynes snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (wayne) wrote in

Sounds like a mess in the making. You should not apply anything on top of that vinyle except maybe more vinyl. Under that vinyl is particle board which will swell like a pig and rot the first time the dishwasher leaks.
Thresholds can allow transition between rooms, I cut my own.

That's the truth, I just finished ripping out the particle board under the dishwasher. The dishwasher doesn't even have to leak, dribbled water by teenagers transferring wet dished fron the sink to the dishwasher will do it.
Lesson learned; never use particle board for anything, use only 5 ply plywood.
--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/