Samsung Smart TV Vertical Lines

My tv went out in an instant: one second a picture, and then next only soun d and a black screen on the left and right portions of the screen, and vert ical lines in the middle. A little investigation on the internets showed th at the problem is often the t-con board. I sent for one, replaced it, but t he tv is doing exactly the same thing. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
Michael Wilson

Hi, Sounds like horizontal scan is malfunctioning.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

sound and a black screen on the left and right portions of the screen, and vertical lines in the middle. A little investigation on the internets showe d that the problem is often the t-con board. I sent for one, replaced it, b ut the tv is doing exactly the same thing. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Tony. What's the fix? Should I replace the main board to see what h appens?

Reply to
Michael Wilson

Hi, It could be a hporiz. driver for the panel. Some has hidden diagnostic mode(service mode)

Reply to
Tony Hwang